January 6: Social gathering
2007 Mar 12 08:10

Re: [vox-tech] Resizing partition ext3

Quoting Ken Bloom (kbloom@gmail.com):

> Would be nice. I've resized a few ext2 partitions, but haven't found any
> way to move the front of the partion, short of nuking the partition
> completely and restoring from a backup.

Happily, it's dead-easy to "resize" any type of Linux filesystem, using
a live CD's ssh and rsync utiltiies and an adequate amount of disk space
on any other host on your network.  Just copy the files, blow away
filesystems, make new ones, copy back.  (Notes at  "Copying Directory Trees"
on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Admin may help.)

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."