2007 Mar 11 10:08

Re: [vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

Re: [vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 07:32:30PM -0800, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
It's a disc image. You need an .iso file burner. Nick mentioned some
programs, I want to add http://www.deepburner.com/ as another
possibility. (I've been using the free version. It's a nice little
lightweight utility.)
So let me get this straight... one downloads a ".iso" file on Windows,
and by default it DOESN'T know that the appropriate thing to do with this
is to burn it as a disc image onto a CD?  Sheesh! :^)
It doesnt know what to do with every file. It has no disc burner software included, so it has no response for .iso unless you install burner software.

(who downloaded a random .deb file the other day, and just right-clicked
it in KDE and selected "install" ;^) )
In windows that would be a .cab file. It does know what to do with that.
Hmmm does Linux default setup know what to do with an iso?

Gandalf  Parker
--
It used to be that politics, religion, and sex were not subject for a
polite social gathering. Now that sex is ok I guess its avoid politics,