2007 Mar 11 05:42

Re: [vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

Re: [vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

That's right. Microsoft doesn't bundle decent CD/DVD burning software that I know of. I think XP comes with a way to create discs by dragging and dropping files to the device, or something like that, but it didn't work for me on my work machine when I tried it.

Pretty lame, huh?

But we could bash Microsoft all night.

So far I haven't been able to get my Mac to do much with CD/DVD creation either, and it does have stuff bundled. Could be it's just that I haven't looked hard enough, but I've got free Windows-based utilities that do what I need, and more room on my PC hard drives, so I haven't spent a lot of energy (and no money) on the Mac stuff. (I should say, under OS X, since I can dual-boot on this thing. :)

Honestly, I don't even know how to burn a video DVD given the files (VOBs and IFO structure, ready to go) under OS X. Last time I tried I ended up with a coaster. Readable, but not as a video DVD.

(Oh, and sorry for the duplicate post.)