2007 Mar 11 10:08

[vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

[vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

I am a mostly Windows user trying to make the jump.

So I bought a new computer (the parts are still in various boxes around
the house) and
downloaded a copy of Ubuntu 6.10 onto my PC.  Burnt the copy onto a DVD
(to large to use
a CD being .73 Gig).

It seems that I am completely clue-free on where to go next.  The suffix
of the file is .iso.  So
how do I open it to see what is inside?  No utilities recognize that
suffix.  Since DVD drivers
don't come with Linux, is there a way to get it onto a CD?