2007 Feb 21 10:21

[vox-tech] Swap Size

I've ordered a laptop with 1G of memory.  Yesterday I read on the web someone
recommending that you have twice as much swap as memory.  So he said that if
you have 512M of memory you should have 1G of swap.

But if I have 1G of memory it certainly seems like 2G of swap is too much.
Couldn't I just get by with 1G swap, or should I allocate 2G to swap?

Thank you.

Bob