2007 Jan 31 17:01

Re: [vox-tech] Fstab Entry for Camera?

På 2007-01-31, skrev Bob Scofield:
> For some reason the /etc/fstab entry for my digital camera seems to no longer
> be working.  That is, my camera does not mount.  I assume that apt has given
> me a kernel upgrade that requires a different entry.
>
> Here is my kernel:  2.6.18-3-486
>
> Here is my /etc/fstab entry:
>
> /dev/sda1   /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
>
> Can anybody tell me what the correct fstab entry should be?  And where do I go
> to find this information out when there are new kernel upgrades?

Perhaps your camera is now (for ex.) /dev/sda2 instead of /dev/sda1?
(The number that it gets is generally a function of the sequential

I would try this:

- start "tail -f /var/log/kern.log" in a terminal
- unplug and plug in the camera
- look for log lines describing the camera; information is printed to
  the log whenever a new USB device is plugged in

Embedded in that should be the device name you need.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13