2007 Jan 31 00:43

[vox-tech] FQDN

I'm finding that quite a lot of email I send from my server at home is being
bounced by various services because my server does not have a "Fully
Qualified Domain Name".  I'm not certain, however, how to go ahead and set
this up.  I have a static IP address, and an account at dyndns.org that
points to it (stonegoose.homelinux.net), but beyond that I'm a bit confused.
My Googling indicates that this would be easier to set up if I had an actual
domain name that pointed to my server, but I don't.

Anyone got any advice for me on this apparently basic issue?

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie