2007 Jan 27 08:04

Re: [vox-tech] Multiple displays and graphics cards

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 10:31:38PM -0800, John Wojnaroski wrote:
> card.  A bit of a hack in that I had to set the BIOS to make the PCI
> card as primary.  The captain's MCDU keypad needs to be the default
> keyboard and it uses a PCI slot so the mouse focus needs to initialize
> to that screen as there are no mice or keyboards in the sim to change
> focus. Probably a way to do that over the LAN, but for now this will do.

Look at synergy for Keyboard-Mouse switching.  Very cool and easy to use.

It's prepackaged in debian, or http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

You tell how tell how all the machines and their displays are laid out (A
is left of B, B is right of A, B is left of C, C is right of B) and then
you just move the mouse left off of B onto A to move to machine A.  Pretty
cool.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/