2007 Jan 29 11:23

Re: [vox-tech] location of DBL_EPSILON definition

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 08:24 -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Where is DBL_EPSILON defined?  I thought it was in float.h.  But I've looked
> at float.h in:
>
>    /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux-gnu/3.3.6/include
>    /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/3.4.6/include
>
> and neither one actually defined it.
>
> Where is the numerical value held?

All you really need to worry about is that it gets defined when you
#include <float.h>.

My float.h simply defines DBL_EPSILON to __DBL_EPSILON__. There does not
appear to be an inclusion of some other file, or a definition of
__DBL_EPSILON__. So the answer to your question would seem: compiler
magic. :)

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/