2007 Jan 16 10:32

Re: [vox-tech] No resolution except 640x480

Re: [vox-tech] No resolution except 640x480

Ken Bloom wrote:
I just booted my computer today, and Xorg isn't giving me any other
resolution than 640x480, because it says it can't read the EDID
information from my monitor. The relevant log snippet is below
(the whole log is attached, as is my xorg.conf).

Can anyone help get this to work again? I'm running a Dell Dimension
4100, with a GeForce4 MX 440 graphics card, and a Sony Trinitron
Multiscan 420GS monitor.

It was working just fine on Friday, and I've attached the aptitude log
for the only dist-upgrade that I did on Friday (just in case that
dist-upgrade broke everything).

--Ken Bloom

I've had problems like that before in the past. Try switch your depth settings in xorg to 16 and maybe if you have a backup copy of your old xorg before the dist-upgrade do a diff to make sure the upgrade didn't fudge anything.

Alex