January 6: Social gathering
2007 Jan 13 13:18

Re: [vox-tech] Mail re-routing

Ken Bloom wrote:
On Friday 12 January 2007 12:59, Alex Mandel wrote:
Ok, I've been missing out from the lists for a couple of weeks do to
my own causing of course.

I changed some settings on my domain registrar and things got a
little funny so I'm looking for a better solution this time.
Basically I switched my URL redirect to a cname record (Chris's
proper suggestion), which worked as intended for my website URL
remaining correct. However my registration also includes email
accounts that they handle for me and these apparently have been
bouncing off a blank wall the last couple of weeks since all traffic
to my domain was being moved to the alias. How can I redirect the
email stuff back towards the right server from my webserver. Do I
need to open port 25 on my system, this might be a problem since the
server is on a dynamic IP behind At&t/SBC. What program can handle
the redirect?

I temporarily reverted back to my old way of doing things so I'll
actually get responses to this now.
Did you update the MX record for your domain?

--Ken

If I use A Name then I can also edit the MX or in this case leave it where it is. The problem is that I used CName since I have to reroute through a free dynamic DNS tracker. In the CName settings I only get one line to put in the alias I want to use which in this case is the free no-ip domain that tracks my ip address.

Registrar -> No-ip -> Real Server

Alex