2007 Jan 20 15:29

[vox-tech] Apple & Linux

Hello everybody :-)

It has been a few weeks since I decided to buy one of these cute black 13" MacBooks. Yes, I love black :-) see there ARE people who pay just for a color and Apple sale guys are very well aware of that! Anyways, the thing I "really" like about it is that I can "hopefully" run any application from all OS's (Linux, Apple, Win) on that. Sweet :-) ha?

There is just one little problem here: I have to reboot the machine every time I need to use an application from the other OS :(   Fortunately, I just learned that there is some Free BSD already installed in Apple OS X Tiger. Am I right? (as you can see I never touched any Apple before). I was wondering if I can install, compile and run Linux applications on that or not. I mean like a native application inside OSX, not by installing Linux as a secondary OS, and also not by using a sloooow virtual machine! Please advise.....

Thanks a lot,
Matin (a computer engineering student who is supposed to know these stuff already :-)