2007 Jan 09 06:49

Re: [vox-tech] size of /var

Quoting Jeff Newmiller (jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us):

> Hmm.  I get along with somewhat less, though I have to remember
> to aptitude clean occasionally.
>
> /dev/hda6             751M   99M  612M  14% /var

"apt-get clean" got me a whole 1MB back.  ;->

I should clarify that not only is this a pretty busy Internet server,
but also has the system Web and ftp trees, and a bunch of Mailman
mailing list archives, under /var.  I.e., it's not just logfiles and
mail spools.

--
Cheers,                               I remember Fred, 1919 - 2005.
Rick Moen                        http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/fred.html