2007 Jan 08 19:59

[vox-tech] How much free space on CD?

How do you determine how much free space is left on a CD (or
equivalently how much has been written already?)

df tells me only the size of the last session (and always reports 0 free
space in a CDs partition)

du would be useful in most circumstance. In this particular circumstance
it doesn't since, I'm using the -root and -old-root options of mkisofs
to burn the CDs so the CD has something equivalent to hardlinks. One
quirk of this is that none of the inode numbers are the same, so they
don't look like hardlinks to du, and the result is essentially the same
as being forced to use "du -l" on the CD.

Any ideas?

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/