2007 Jan 07 10:35

[vox-tech] Sound pitch slightly higher after video upgrade

[vox-tech] Sound pitch slightly higher after video upgrade

Hi all,

Just installed an Nvidia 6600GS in my gaming machine.  Took a bit to get it
running and stable, but I *think* I'm there (cross your fingers).

I celebrated by playing a game of quake 3, but noticed that the announcer's
voice is subtly higher in pitch. In fact, I think everything is ever so
slightly higher in pitch. Another game I'm very familiar with, StepMania, is
pretty much the same. It's very slight though.  Not nearly enough to be
annoying, but anything that I'm very familiar with sounds ever so slightly
"off" to me.

My kernel has RTC support, and ALSA makes use of it (as well as the mixer).
It would be nice to think that my card is so blazin fast that the sound has
to get faster to keep up with video, but that's silly.

Any ideas?

Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p@dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p