2007 Jan 04 13:16

[vox-tech] AVG Anti-Virus for Linux

I downloaded the AVG Free anti-virus program for my wife's Windows computer,
and I was surprised to see a free anti-virus program for Linux here:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5

This free program is an rpm.  You can buy a commercial AVG program and get it
as an rpm, deb file or tar ball.

Is anybody using AVG?  I know that there have been several discussions on this
list about Linux and viruses.  The conclusion always seems to be that viruses
have not been a problem for Linux.  So I am guessing that most people here
would not think it necessary or important to use AVG.

Bob