January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] problem with flickering screen,..

Re: [vox-tech] problem with flickering screen,..

Yes it is 1920x1600 at 60Hz (that is native) and that is what I drive it with, I tried also going down on colors but it is the same behavior...

Boris

Bill Broadley wrote:
Ted Deppner wrote:

Is it a blink where the screen tends to come and go, or is it more of
bounce where the whole image on the screen changes from 100% display to
88% and then back?  (or to 111% and then back)?

The latter might be a hardware problem, something going soft in the CRT.

Either way, you might try setting the Refresh Rate down a notch (75 to 73
or 73 to 70, etc), or turning the bpp (or display depth) setting from
24bit to 16bits.  I've never known anyone that could tell the difference,
but I've heard people say they can.  Regardless your system will have to
do less work with 16bits, and you probably won't notice the difference.

Most LCDs are happiest at 60Hz.  Is the display being driven at it's native
resolution?  Over a DVI connection?