Re: [vox-tech] Speeding up FF

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
On Sun 17 Dec 06, 12:26 PM, Jeffrey J. Nonken <jjn_lugod@nonken.net> said:
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:50:45 -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/333720/lightning_fast_browsing_trick_f
or
_internet_explorer_and_firefox/

I can't watch this video.  It simply says I need to upgrade Flash
Player.

Can someone please watch this on IE and share the gist of the idea?
It says basically the same thing for FF as here:

http://jnork.livejournal.com/172830.html

I can summarize the IE section too, if you like. IE requires a
registry hack.
OMG!!!

That is one helluva speedup!  I'd say that this makes FF at least as fast as
how I remember Opera being.  Nice!!!

Highly recommended!

This is included in a popular Firefox addon I've been using for a while Fasterfox. http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/faq.html

Which does a bunch of other things to, even prefetching if you want it to.

Alex