[vox-tech] problem encountered when creating a ramdisk

[vox-tech] problem encountered when creating a ramdisk

Hello, there:

I start a process to create a new kernel, 2.6.13. When I came to the step of creating a ramdisk, I had a problem. I used the command:
mkinitrd.yaird -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18.3-default1 2.6.18.3-default1

and I got this error:
yaird error: can't open /proc/bus/input/devices (fatal)

I check the directory of /proc/bus/, there is no 'input'

I did some google, someone said it's a yaird's bug, anyhow, I can't find possible solution; as  an alternative, I might use initramfs-tools, but how to proceed, I don't know.

Anyone can kindly point a direction for me?

Thanks,
Hai