[vox-tech] Fwd: css: cell width and height

Pete posted this from a non-subscribed addr, so it was discarded.

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:00:29 -0800
From: vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Auto-discard notification
To: vox-tech-owner@lists.lugod.org

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:00:27 -0800
From: Peter Salzman <p@cbreak.com>
Subject: css: cell width and height
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org

I'm always amazed that I aced through a year of quantum field theory but CSS
continually baffles me to no end.

If I have some html tables, and set the height and width CSS property for
each td element, is it guaranteed that each cell in each table will be the
exact same height and width under all circumstances?

If not, is there some way of saying "Look here, browser.  As Zeus is my
witness, you will make this cell 3em by 2em no matter what!"

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/