[vox-tech] dhcp vs static hosts file

I'm now on a home network where IP addresses are handed out dynamically by
the router/bridge/DSL modem combo.  Suppose I have two Linux computers,
Satan and Lucifer.

Now that I no longer have predictable IP addresses on the home network, how
do I accomplish something like:

   satan$ ssh p@lucifer

when there's no longer a valid /etc/hosts file?

Thanks!
Peter