[vox-tech] Slow pdf printing

As of late it seems like my pdf printing is crawling.
I don't remember it ever being so slow in the past but maybe it liked smaller size pdfs.

I noticed that sometimes I get and Operand Stack error mid job, these seem related to the source of those particular pdfs. So I tried pdf2ps, I get a 70MB ps out of a 1.0MB pdf, that seems to explain a lot but how do I fix it?
I also tried printing to a ps from PDF Viewer and that gave me a 1.7MB ps.
But I'm not sure how to print ps 2 per page and duplex?
So I converted ps2pdf on this one(I know seems circular) and this pdf was about the same size(1.7MB), sent it to the printer and 10 minutes later still waiting for pages 5-8 to print(just started).

Any ideas? Note: I tested some of these in windows and they fly right out(Same machine, dual boot) But I don't plan to reboot to print 1 pdf a day.

Ubuntu 6.06 using Cups with a Brother 5150D

Thanks - Alex