January 6: Social gathering
2006 Nov 30 15:05

[vox-tech] Re: Firefox issues

Bill wrote:

> A quick google search came up with a complain on the fedora wiki that
> says:  "... A counter example however is the Firefox FC5 security update
> that shipped without working SSL."  D'oh!  Ouch!

> (Ref: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UpdatesPolicy )

Aha!  That's interesting, because the Preferences list claimed that SSL
was enabled.  I guess that meant, "enabled providing it's actually
there." :-)

> Another page that looks like it might have an answer:

> http://andrewjpage.com/index.php?/archives/72-Firefox-doesnt-know-how-to-communicate-with-the-server-in-Fedora.html

Yes.  The key point in that posting is that Firefox stopped working when
he upgraded using yum.  I downloaded Firefox directly from Mozilla.org,
and it works just fine.

Thanks for all the pointers, Bill.

Norm