2006 Nov 30 15:05

[vox-tech] OT: gzip support on windows/mac

[vox-tech] OT: gzip support on windows/mac

I have a question for those of you who use non-unix operating systems
regularly. How good is support for gzip-format archives? If I were to
e-mail a gzip-compressed file to a typical windows user, would they
likely be able decompress it using typically installed software? What
about bzip2?

I have the same question about macs as well, though I can guess the
answer because I know that the current mac OS is a unix variant.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13