2006 Nov 18 10:30

Re: [vox-tech] Audio Card Recomendation

Any PCI card with the es1370, es1371 chipset would be up your alley.  Cheap,
good quality, easy to work with.

I doubt it has two inputs, but the Creative PCI-128 is cheap, good and easy.

Pete

On Fri 17 Nov 06,  4:50 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev@wildintellect.com> said:
> I'm planning out my 1st experiment for school.
> The plan is to record audio to a hard drive, hopefully in FLAC format
> using a
> http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm
> Anyone have recommendations for an easy to work with quality PCI audio
> card, two inputs would be optimal so I can have one mic for human
> audible sound and one for ultrasound (Can you alter the drivers to make
> some of the outs inputs?). But be resonable on price and power consumption.
> I'm going to building a custom linux ("linux from scratch" or maybe just
> use Debian) so I'll take module and software recommendations too on how
> to pull this off.
>
> An alternate plan is to use Mini-PCI type III although I imagine it'll
> cost me more in the end.
>
> And no, this isn't actually my research question it's just a tool I need
> to get there.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> PS: On a note from the last social - there is a lab on campus building
> remote controlled aircraft to take remote sending imagery with a real
> time feed to a google earth map overlay.

How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.
If you want a rounding function that rounds according to predictable rules,
you should write your own.
              -- MSDN, on Microsoft VBA's "stochastic" rounding function

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p@dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p