2006 Nov 18 21:33

[vox-tech] telnet, pam, and one time passwords

[vox-tech] telnet, pam, and one time passwords

list,
I have successfully configured opie authentication with pam. Now, I
would like to make opie be the only authentication method allowed for
telnet connections. I am using the debian package telnetd-ssl for my
telnet server, but am not using ssl with it at this point. How can I
make pam work with telnetd? There seem to be at least three
telnet-server packages in Debian, does anybody know if any of them
support pam? I read this email:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1999/03/msg00124.html talking about
the pam support in various servers and I can imagine, with ssh already
in use, that telnetd was never updated for it. I see that my current
telnetd is not linked against libpam. Does anybody know about telnetd
and pam? Thank you.
Nick

                          love email again