2006 Nov 18 10:30

[vox-tech] Audio Card Recomendation

I'm planning out my 1st experiment for school.
The plan is to record audio to a hard drive, hopefully in FLAC format using a
http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm
Anyone have recommendations for an easy to work with quality PCI audio card, two inputs would be optimal so I can have one mic for human audible sound and one for ultrasound (Can you alter the drivers to make some of the outs inputs?). But be resonable on price and power consumption.
I'm going to building a custom linux ("linux from scratch" or maybe just use Debian) so I'll take module and software recommendations too on how to pull this off.

An alternate plan is to use Mini-PCI type III although I imagine it'll cost me more in the end.

And no, this isn't actually my research question it's just a tool I need to get there.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: On a note from the last social - there is a lab on campus building remote controlled aircraft to take remote sending imagery with a real time feed to a google earth map overlay.