2006 Nov 16 16:05

[vox-tech] Setting the font in gvim (Vim with GUI)

[vox-tech] Setting the font in gvim (Vim with GUI)

I'm trying to set the font in my .gvimrc for gvim (Vim with GTK
interface). One of the neat things about gvim is that it supports using
truetype unicode fonts, such as Bitstream Vera. I can set the font
manually in a gvim session using ':set guifont=*', then choosing the
font in the dialog box. After that, I can retrieve the font chosen using
':set guifont', prints 'guifont=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono 18' (for
example). Typing in 'set guifont=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono 18' has no
does not work (the error suggests that the spaces are confusing the
command where to break the arguments). That makes some sense. But the
logical variation 'set guifont="Bitstream Vera Sans Mono 18"' does not
work either: it in fact resets the font to the default value. Placing
that same command line in .vimrc or .gvimrc has no effect. Can anyone
suggest a solution to my frustration?

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13