January 6: Social gathering
2006 Oct 27 08:52

[vox-tech] VMware and usb disks

Hi everyone,

I have a machine running linux and vmware, with a virtual machine running
windows. I find that the first time i plug in a usb key I am able to access
it from the virtual machine. every subsequent time i find that the
usb_storage kernel driver in linux takes over and I cannot access the device
in the virtual machine.

is there any good way to tell hal / hotplug not to load the driver when VMware
is running >?

thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette