2006 Oct 23 15:43

Re: [vox-tech] postfix mailman

Yes i have run newalias many times. At first the time stamp was not updating on the aliases.db file. After setting the aliases_database and alias_maps the time stamps started to update, however postfix still does not seem to be following the /etc/aliases directions since I still don't get roots emails.

I just sent an email to root from the localhost and got this
<root@bugs.osu.edu>: data format error. Command output: root: Mailbox does not exist
Witch is what I get when trying to send to mailman lists.

Secondly yes I am an entomologist. I got my MS at OSU with David Shetlar and am working now at Davis with Larry Godfrey.

Eric Engelhard wrote:
Hi Wade,

Did you run the newlalias command after you editted /etc/aliases?

Is it possible that there is another entomologist on this list? :)

Eric