2006 Sep 29 02:35

Re: [vox-tech] Automated backups of files on remote FTP server

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 12:05 -0700, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I've been tasked with finding a way to backup our files on our remote host to
> a local server on a regular basis.  Trouble is I can only get to the remote
> host via FTP.  Both systems run Linux.
>
> What's the best way to go about doing this?

Here's an ftp shell script that you can put in crontab.

:
# ftp_get.sh
# ----------
#
# Freely available software. See appaserver.org .
# -----------------------------------------------

if [ "$#" -lt 4 ]
then
	echo "Usage: $0 host directory 'filespec' username [password]" 1>&2
	exit 1
fi

host=$1
directory=$2