2006 Sep 28 08:12

Re: [vox-tech] partitioning[fixed]

Mike Neal wrote:

I then booted my hard drive and sure enough there was lilo being all powerful and defiant with graphics and all.
Hi,

Sounds like LILO is in the Master Boot Record which is not cleared when you delete/create partitions.

Try booting Win95 to a DOS prompt and run:
fdisk /mbr
to write a generic MBR to the hard drive.

Cheers,
Mike

I didn't have a chance to go thru the fdisk/ mbr for I found yet another bootable cd ( http://dban.sourceforge.net/ ) in which it deletes the whole hard drive completly. I think it is done by writing over every bit of space with a whole lot of nothingness. After nuking the hard drive I then repartitioned but now it asked for a label. I didn't use msdos because this is a linux hard drive so I used a bsd label.
Thanx for the help.

Jimbo