2006 Sep 22 15:07

Re: [vox-tech] jpilot restore and rechargable batteries

On Friday 22 September 2006 14:08, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i always back up my visor prism each week, and i've always wondered
> whether "restoring" the pda would "work".
>
> well, after 6 years i had to change the battery for the first time
> since the old one wasn't keeping a charge.  found that i had to
> restore the pda from disk.
>
> it "worked".   :)

I learned repeatedly that it worked when my Palm m100 would lose its
memory whenever I changed it's AA batteries.

I thereafter learned that KPilot's restore feature works slightly less
well when I replaced the m100 with a Zire 21 whose memory can get
knocked out by strong cell-phone signals.

I now keep the Zire in a farraday cage made of tin foil and duct tape.
(And everybody laughs to see such a sight.)

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/