2006 Sep 21 11:34

Re: [vox-tech] aptitude problems after a couple dist-upgrades

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 14:08, Cam Ellison wrote:
> Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > Thanks for the comments Richard;
> >
> > However, when i performed the dist-upgrade i did the following:
> >
> > updated to latest Sarge
> > changed sources to testing
> > updated to latest testing
> > changed sources to unstable
> > updated to latest unstable
> >
> > note that the initial sources list pointed to Sarge
> >
> > i'll wait a couple days to see if this fixes itself.
>
> Keep in mind that, for Debian, unstable is definitely bleeding edge.
> Weird bugs show up sometimes, because the package itself is not quite
> right.
>
> Cheers
>
> Cam

Thanks for the tips.

now for some new strangeness....

after one more shot at a dist-upgrade on this machine, i am informed that the
nvidia-glx package is broken and will need to be removed if i am to keep xorg
installed....

#aptitude install xserver-xorg

The following packages are BROKEN:
  nvidia-glx-dev
The following NEW packages will be automatically installed:
  xkb-data xresprobe xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-input-all
xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-kbd xserver-xorg-input-mouse
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-input-wacom
  xserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-video-apm xserver-xorg-video-ark
xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-chips xserver-xorg-video-cirrus
xserver-xorg-video-cyrix xserver-xorg-video-dummy
  xserver-xorg-video-fbdev xserver-xorg-video-glint xserver-xorg-video-i128
xserver-xorg-video-i740 xserver-xorg-video-i810 xserver-xorg-video-imstt
xserver-xorg-video-mga xserver-xorg-video-neomagic
  xserver-xorg-video-newport xserver-xorg-video-nsc xserver-xorg-video-nv
xserver-xorg-video-rendition xserver-xorg-video-s3 xserver-xorg-video-s3virge
xserver-xorg-video-savage
  xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver-xorg-video-sis
xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tdfx xserver-xorg-video-tga
xserver-xorg-video-trident xserver-xorg-video-tseng
  xserver-xorg-video-v4l xserver-xorg-video-vesa xserver-xorg-video-vga
xserver-xorg-video-via xserver-xorg-video-vmware xserver-xorg-video-voodoo
The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
  nvidia-glx

note that kde still will not install, and now xorg is borked. not sure what to
do now...

anyone have an idea?

thanks!

--