2006 Sep 22 23:17

[vox-tech] debian on 64bit box failed

hi there:

I recently bought a new PC with a core 2 duo E6400 CPU and like to
have my debian installed on that box.

I used the startup CD I made sometime ago, which worked on my Toshiba
laptop, but this time it didn't work with the new desktop.

The debian logo appeared, followed by page of language options, and
then an error message like, "can't mount CD-ROM..." .

I noticed that the debian loaded a IDE-detected module at the
beginning, I wonder if it's the reason why the installation failed,
since my CD/DVD-RW uses SATA interface.

Anyone can confirm my guess or have other suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Hai