2006 Sep 14 19:07

Re: [vox-tech] Apache reinstallation failing

On Thursday 14 September 2006 05:30, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Apache2 is a dummy package, which exists only for the purpose of pulling
> in other dependancies, so running --reinstall on it will reinstall only
> the few documentation files that it contains, which are required by
> debian packaging policy. (--reinstall doesn't automatically reinstall a
> package's dependancies) Find the other apache packages that it pulled
> in and run apt-get --reinstall install on those. The packges that dpkg
> listed for you: apache2-mpm-prefork, apache2-utils, apache2-common are
> the ones you need to reinstall.

Thanks, Ken.  That's exactly what I needed!

Editor In Chief at Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)
Check out the Cthulhu Wiki: http://www.mossroot.com/cthulhuwiki
AIM: Buffalo2K / GTalk: underpope@gmail.com
Skype/Gizmo: underpope
"You can't trust your judgement when your imagination is out of focus."
		(Mark Twain)