2006 Sep 12 14:10

Re: [vox-tech] audio - soundcard to stereo

Re: [vox-tech] audio - soundcard to stereo

> Also, what exactly is "line level"?

About 0.3 V at around 10 kOhm impedance (for consumer gear; usually
about four times higher voltage for pro gear).  It's the reference
signal level typically output by preamplifiers, and is used to
communicate among tape decks, mixers, radio tuners and the like, and as
input to power amplifiers.

> I assume "speaker level" means a signal with enough power delivery to
> drive a standard 8-ohm speaker?

Correct.