2006 Jul 26 09:05

Re: [vox-tech] debian mess: after dist-upgrade machine does not boot!

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 01:55:24PM -0700, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Thanks Ken. Sage advice. I made the changes.

This kind of thing bit me recently, when swapping which drive was
master/slave.

I blindly edited my grub menu.lst file and rebooted, and it worked fine.
But once my kernel got upgraded, the next time I rebooted[*] I was stuck.

If you actually _read_ menu.lst in Debian (or in my case, Ubuntu), it
actually tells you what to do.  But when you're in a hurry (like I was),
you can easily skip the important stuff. ;^D

-bill!
[*] Been rebooting because I'm working from home some, and have to use
    Windows >X^P Professional.