2006 Jun 25 21:55

Re: [vox-tech] rar unrar and non-free package

Re: [vox-tech] rar unrar and non-free package

It's worth pointing out, though, that the "rar" utility is also
non-free-as-in-beer: it's shareware.

  $ apt-cache show rar

  <snip>

   This is the RAR archiver from Eugene Roshal. It supports multiple volume
   archives and damage protection. It can also create SFX-archives. There are
   versions which run on DOS, Windows (3.1x,95,NT), FreeBSD, BSDI.
   .
   This program is shareware and you must register it after 40 days of use.
  Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
  Origin: Ubuntu

-Micah