2006 Jun 26 17:03

[vox-tech] Firefox "find" utility

I find the FF find feature to be weaker than what I've come to expect from
Unix tools.  For example, it would be really nice to specify regex type
syntax, like

   ^foo

to find the substring "foo" abutted against the left margin.  Another
example would be the Java API documentation, which uses frames.

   http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api

When you "find next", it appears to start in the upper left frame
(packages), then moves down to the class list in the lower left frame, and
then to the main window to the right.  It would be more intuitive if we
could click on a frame to make it "active" and for the "find next" to begin
looking in that frame.

Does anyone know of any extensions that make the "find" feature more
powerful in FF?