2006 Jun 17 18:09

Re: [vox-tech] Backing Up Photos

Bob Scofield wrote:
I'm thinking about backing up digital photographs. I'm trying to decide if I should use CD's or a flash drive for the backup. Is one medium better than the other?
Any single medium carries some risk, though flash is a bit expensive
compared to CDR or DVDR. I primarily rely on mutual hd backups, and
secondarily on CDR backups.  I am starting to experiment with DVDR
backups as well, but I am still trying to see how they hold up.

I DID have several copies of some data on CDR written about six years
ago, where by last year two copies died and one was lost... I now have it
on two hds and three DVDR disks.