2006 Jun 14 15:16

[vox-tech] Tracking down a "redirect"

We're having a strange domain resolution issue, and it's stumped me.  Here's
the setup.

Domain http://unexdlc.ucdavis.edu should be resolving to IP address
152.79.198.9.  However, it is instead resolving to http://extensiondlc.net,
which is an entirely different IP address.  Similarly, typing
http://152.79.198.9 into a browser brings up extensiondlc.net, which should
not be happening.

When the physical computer which hosts .9 is disconnected from the network,
the redirect does not happen.

There is nothing in the Apache configuration file on .9 which should account
for this behavior.  When I execute a traceroute, I'm redirected immediately
on the first hop to extensiondlc.

We're trying to find out where this might be happening.  Can anyone offer some
suggestions?

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie