2006 Jun 13 21:23

Re: [vox-tech] mplayer color problem

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 01:32:57PM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Tue 13 Jun 06, 10:25 AM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:49:26AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > I've played Quake 3, which uses SDL, on this computer and it plays fine.
> > > When I get home, I'll take a look at the cutscenes and see if they suffer
> > > from the same washed out color.
> >
> > Well, technically, Quake uses OpenGL. :)  It probably uses SDL for
> > input/sound, though.
>
> Is that true?  It was developed by Loki; I would've thought they use SDL for
> video too.  I did an ldd on the executable and didn't see sdl or gl,
> although I *know* it uses OpenGL, either via an SDL window or using OpenGL
> directly...

I'm pretty sure Loki games load video/sound drivers at runtime (via
dlopen()), as it's usually configurable via something like +set
gl_driver ... so you might have better luck using "strings" on it, and
searching for the name of an OpenGL function they'd have to use.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/