2006 Jun 12 11:32

Re: [vox-tech] DVD->CD converion for linus distros?

On Sun 11 Jun 06,  6:36 PM, Lewis Perdue <lperdue@ideaworx.com> said:
> Every Linux distro seems to come on DVD now ... but my Linux boxes
> only have a CD drive ... is there a way to convert the DVD to CDs?

FYI: It's been well over 5+ years since I've installed Linux off of any
medium other than a floppy disk.  Debian's official net install is
fantastic.

Also, I don't think there are any official numbers, but as the Debian Jigdo
Howto author and maintainer, my educated guess is that WAY more people are
downloading Debian CD's than they are DVD's.

I'm going to make an uneducated guess and say that Gentoo and Slack is
similar in both regards: popular net install and CD medium.

Pete