2006 Jun 03 20:27

Re: [vox-tech] K3B problem daemon

Micah J. Cowan wrote:
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 12:16:34PM -0700, Jan W wrote:

--- "Micah J. Cowan" <micah@cowan.name> wrote:

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:53:09PM -0700, Chris Horsting wrote:

Micah J. Cowan wrote:

It sounds to me like your desktop may be attempting to
automatically

mount the CD while it's being burned. Have you made sure to
disable

that?
No, I have not tried to disable that. Do I do that through K3B or
KDE?
I'm afraid I don't actually know how you would go about doing that;
probably a control panel somewhere. Can someone else give pointers?

There are a couple of things to do:

1. /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs stop

This will stop automounter services. But the service will probably
come up again on reboot, so you would want to do:
I was thinking that might not be enough on some setups. Don't some
desktops actually use "helper daemons" of their own, or somesuch, to
achieve the desired automounting? Or do they all just use autofs at some
level?

I looked at the manual under configuration and it said:
Don't forget to tell your system to start the dtd dicer toaster daemon first, or k3b won't work.
How do I start this daemon?