2006 May 24 22:15

Re: [vox-tech] Cannot Connect to Comcast highspeed

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 21:51 -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 May 2006 19:47, Tim Riley wrote:
> >

> > >   Comcast will only let the MAC addr that it was setup with to
> > > go through.
This is true. I moved the interface card that was initially
used for the Comcast hookup to my Linux machine, and now
it works (great by the way).

> > Oh my God! This can't be true. They are scum if this is true.
> >
> I'm changing the subject here.  But I was curious if anybody knows why Comcast
> does that.
I over-reacted calling Comcast scum. This is a shocking
revelation, however. My guess is security -- this is probably
the only way Comcast knows I'm me.

Thanks to Dr. Pete and Mr. Mike for your help.