2006 May 16 13:11

Re: [vox-tech] KDE with automounter, external hard disk, and rsync

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 11:56:46AM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> I'm helping a friend get set up with Linux, specifically:
>
> - KDE 3.5
> - digital camera that operates as a mountable volume (USB drive)
> - external USB hard disk for backup
>
> There are some problems that have me at a loss since I don't use KDE
> myself.
>
> There is a daemon that automatically mounts the USB hard disk and the
> camera when they are plugged in. (I think it is part of KDE).

I get the same behavior under GNOME. I actually think that the behavior
is due to the hotplugging architecture. You might find some benefit in
poking around in /etc/hotplug... (I don't know much about it, so I can't
offer more advice than that).

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/