2006 May 10 15:19

Re: [vox-tech] Hyundai B70 flat screen Monitor

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:43:19AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> btw, when i'm faced with something like this, the first think i do is
> highlight the error message itself with the mouse, and paste it into a
> google search.

Heh, except if it's some OSD error that the monitor itself is displaying
(like I get a "No Signal" on my TV if my PlayStation is off when I switch
to that video input), then a mouse is of no use. ;)

But yeah, really, a pencil/paper would come in handy here, to jot down the
exact message.

Does video work with other devices?  Perhaps X is set up to drive one
monitor (Hz-wise), but not another...?  Been a while since I messed with X
(and have been using the same monitor for _years_ now[*]...  knock on wood.)

[*] My birthday was last Thursday, and I'm still accepting gifts, such as
    a nice flat-screen LCD. ;)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/