2006 May 12 16:22

[vox-tech] Ubuntu vs. Kubuntu

I've always thought that Kubuntu was the same as Ubuntu except that it had KDE
instead of Gnome.  And I notice from their respective websites that Kubuntu
is part of the Ubuntu project.

But I've noticed that on the debian-laptop list some people are recommending
Ubuntu as the distro to run on laptops with no problems.  And one of the
posters said that he put Ubuntu on his laptop, and then added KDE!  Why would
he do such a thing unless Ubuntu was in fact different from Kubuntu in ways
other than GUI's?

Does anyone know of any difference between Kubuntu and Ubuntu that would make
one choose the latter for a laptop?

Thank you.

Bob