2006 May 02 19:45

[vox-tech] apache2 configuration

Trying to configure apache2.  Debian gave me 2 files in
/etc/apache2/sites/available:

   default
   tetex-doc

I added a third:

   dirac

which contains:

   NameVirtualHost *

   <VirtualHost *>
      DocumentRoot /www
      ServerName www.dirac.org
      ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
      ServerAlias dirac.org *.dirac.org
      CustomLog /var/log/apache2/dirac_access.log common
      ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/dirac_error.log
   </VirtualHost>

Now in sites-enabled, there was:

   000-default
   050-tetex-doc

and I changed this to:

   025-dirac.org
   050-tetex-doc
   900-default

When I start apache2, it complains:

   Starting apache 2.0 web server...
   apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name,
      using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
   [warn] NameVirtualHost *:0 has no VirtualHosts

Additionally, when I try to view a page with firefox, it tries to download a
"phtml" file, whatever that is.

I'm pretty lost.  Help?

Pete